Monitor the processing of Salmon, Halibut and Black Cod to ensure all quality specifications are met. Position reports to the QA Manager. Must be able to work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery. Hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
1. Conducts standardized tests on products and materials to ensure compliance with internal standards, customer specifications and international, federal and state regulations.
2. Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with HACCP standards and company policies and procedures.
3. Records test data such as weights, temperatures, moisture content, qualities and quantities inspected or graded.
4. Applies proper acceptance/rejection criteria and marks items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
5. Audits production facility and reviews employee behavior for proper sanitation.
6. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to production and qa management.
7. Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities to production.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of company, government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
9. Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be issued by the employer and expected to be worn by the employee.