- The Human Resources Liaison provides HR support at a one of Icicle’s seafood processing facilities in Alaska by providing day-to-day assistance in areas such as employee relations, problem resolution, benefits, and payroll.
- Responsible for promoting good employee relations, addressing employee concerns as they arise, and ensuring appropriate resolutions in keeping with Icicle policies and employment law.
- Assist with office-related duties associated with payroll, purchasing and general administration, as assigned.
- This is a seasonal position. This position requires the Human Resources Liaison to be available days, evenings and weekends during the facility’s operation
- Reports directly to the General Manager with close dotted line reporting to the Corporate Human Resources Director.
- Directly interface with Facility Managers on issues related to employee relations including employee morale, policy enforcement, disciplinary issues, employee training needs, and travel.
- Act as a liaison between the facility and the Corporate HR and Recruitment Departments, ensuring an efficient flow of information.
- Provide guidance and support for all personnel matters including employee recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, discipline, termination and seasonal lay-off activities.
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations regarding employee issues and concerns and document statements and findings in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to Facility Manager and supervisors regarding policy interpretation and enforcement.
- Facilitate the training and coaching of supervisors in effectively engaging employees, providing constructive performance feedback, applying appropriate disciplinary action when warranted and leading by example.
- Assist Safety Managers in determining light duty work accommodations.
- Review leave of absence requests and communicate status to Seattle Recruitment.
- Act as liaison between facility employees and Corporate Benefit and HR Specialist regarding enrollment, benefit changes, etc.
- Act as Liaison between the Facility and Seattle Recruitment to coordinate a smooth transfer of workers between production locations ensuring clear communication and documentation.
- Ensure workplace compliance posters are appropriately displayed.
- Ensure that the facility is in full compliance with all local, State, Federal and Icicle Seafoods policy in regards to Human Resources matters.
- Manage exit questionnaires at the end of the season and prior to employee transfer.
- Escalate reports of serious HR matters to Corporate HR including claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, supervisory misconduct and concerted activity.
- Oversee maintenance of appropriate personnel, medical and employee investigation records.
- Learns, supports, and adheres to all Icicle rules, policies and practices.
- Interacts professionally with employees, fishers and visitors.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in the areas of Human Resources or Employee Relations.
- Previous seafood industry experience is preferred.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills with MS Office.
- Previous experience with a production workforce with onsite employee accommodations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within all levels of the organization as well as with other site department managers to maintain a team-like atmosphere.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Prompt, reliable and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Able to work well under pressure for 12 or more hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must be able to live and work in confined quarters in remote Alaska.
- Must be able to live and work in confined quarters.
- Must be able to live and work in remote Alaska.
- This position will be based at an operations location in remote Alaska. The length of time to be determined by the production season at the work location.
- While working in Alaska, the work schedule may require up to 16 hours per day for up to 7 days per week.
- Room, board and transportation to work location are provided.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed