The Cold Storage Quality Assurance Supervisor will assist in the implementation, maintenance and administration of all aspects of the Quality Assurance Program in the Cold Storage. Participate in implementation and maintenance of HACCP including CCP monitoring, Sanitation Programs, and ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s
1. Ensure that the appropriate quality specifications are met on all products.
2. Ensure that accurate records are maintained by QA staff for tests performed on fresh and frozen product (i.e. freezer temperatures, core temperatures, product condition, etc.)
3. Participate in QA technician’s training for appropriate monitoring in relevant areas of processing.
4. Instruct and advise employees on quality awareness.
5. Other duties as assigned
1. Strong ability to work with others.
2. Prior knowledge of processing and fishing would be helpful.
3. Willingness to learn Grading and Specifications for Salmon, Black Cod, Halibut and other miscellaneous species.
4. Good communication skills are a must.
5. Willingness to work long hours.
6. Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are necessary.
7. Must be self motivated and able to work with a minimum level of supervision.
Cold and wet environment