REPORTS TO: Safety Manager/Employee Services Director
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the nightly security of all Icicle Seafoods’ Seward facility, including buildings, surrounding areas, and plant personnel. Ensure company policies and guidelines regarding security and safety are met.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for nightly rounds, inspecting all buildings, for security, fire prevention, and spills
- Ensure the surrounding areas/non-clock work stations are also inspected for security and fire prevention, and spills
- Maintains current First Aid/CPR certification
- Take daily water meter readings, turns log in to Plant Manager
- Perform monthly and annual inspection of all fire extinguishers.
- Perform monthly inspection of all emergency lights.
- Empty all oily rag cans nightly.
- Follows written procedure to wake up employees who are late to work
- Serve as liaison to fishermen and employees during non-office hours.
- Works closely with bunk house and campus attendants to ensure all policy and procedures are followed, and to assist with situations as needed.
- Serve as Fire Watch as requested by night Engineer crew
- Logs incidents related to employees, security, spills, or other situations
- Communicates with local authorities for emergency situations involving security, medical, or fire
- Communicates with the Safety Manager, Employee Services Director, Chief Engineer, and/or Plant manager of any issues or potential problems.
- Ensures that no one other than Icicle Seafoods Employees and authorized fishermen are on property
- Winter plowing, and sanding of slippery areas as needed or instructed
- Must be available to work varied hours. During summer season, may be needed to work as much as 16 hours a day
- Other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager, Employee Services Director, or Plant Manager
- Promotes and sets example of Icicle Seafoods, Inc. policies and guidelines